• 342 posts
  • Local time: 01:28 AM
  • State/Province or Region:North Dakota
  • Interests:Elk and Mule Deer Hunting, Walleye fishing, & Golden Retrievers
  • Camper Brand:2007 37REB Escalade by K-Z
  • Truck Make & Model:2006 Ford F350 King Ranch dually crew cab
  • Name (Public):Bob Martin

Posted 30 October 2005 - 03:56 AM

I travel with my Golden Retriever, just the two of us and he never complains about anything. He weighs in at just over 100 pounds, down from 130 due to a bad thyroid, so I'm really liking the stairs on the SnowRiver. Had to lift him into my old Adventurer, hard on the back to say the least.

Bob M
"May I be half the man my dog thinks I am!!!"

Kota the Golden Retriever, rescued on 9-19-2009
2006 Ford F350 King Ranch, DRW, 6.0 Powerstroke, 4X4, Crewcab, Copper with Arizona Beige accents
2007 Escalade by K-Z 37 REB fifth wheel
2001 Sportcraft 25 ft Sportfish

#22 OFFLINE   Snowy Bird

Snowy Bird

Founding Member

• NATCOA Members
  • 2411 posts
  • Local time: 07:28 AM
  • State/Province or Region:AB
  • Camper Brand:2000' 9'6 Snowbird
  • Truck Make & Model:2012 F350 DRW diesel
  • Name (Public):Joanne

Posted 30 October 2005 - 05:45 AM

blulund,

We had Cocker Spaniel with a thyroid problem also. Do you have to give him a pill everyday? We used to stick the pill in a piece of cheese and she's gobble it up... and everything else for that matter :ph43r:
Loved to get into the garbage going for the leftover coffee grinds, all over her, all of the house. When she escaped from our yard, we just looked to the nearest garbage can to find her.
She was a great dog and lived for many years after she was diagnosed with the thyroid problem.

#23 OFFLINE   Bigf00t

Bigf00t

Uber Camper

• NATCOA Members
  • 1956 posts
  • Local time: 06:28 AM
  • State/Province or Region:B.C
  • Interests:Camping........Is there anything else ???
  • Camper Brand:2010 Northern Lite 10.2RR
  • Truck Make & Model:2004 GMC 3500 SRW
  • Name (Public):Ron

Posted 30 October 2005 - 07:36 AM

We had a Cocker too, he also had his share of medical problems, the list is too long......Like your dog Snowy, he loved to stick his nose into everything !!
That`s why we named him Kirby......Like the vaccum cleaner !
<strong class='bbc'>2010 Northern Lite Ten-2000 10.2RR,PD4645 converter upgrade,2x80W Sharp solar panels,stainless FastGuns<br />
2004 GMC 3500 SRW Ext. Cab 4X4 Duramax/Allison,Torklift Tie Downs,Torklift Stable Loads, Racor Pre Filter, Rancho 9000`s, Firestone Air Bags w/ in cab controller<br />
<br />
Pitt Meadows,B.C.</strong><br />
<br />

#24 OFFLINE   blulund

blulund

Grand Potentate

• NATCOA Members
  • 342 posts
  • Local time: 01:28 AM
  • State/Province or Region:North Dakota
  • Interests:Elk and Mule Deer Hunting, Walleye fishing, & Golden Retrievers
  • Camper Brand:2007 37REB Escalade by K-Z
  • Truck Make & Model:2006 Ford F350 King Ranch dually crew cab
  • Name (Public):Bob Martin

Posted 30 October 2005 - 06:52 PM

Yep cheese is the ticket, he gets his medication twice a day wrapped up in a piece of cheese. He's about the best behaved dog I have ever seen, he won't take anything until it's offered to him. I have tested him a couple of times by leaving a couple slices of turkey on the bed while he is laying there, never touched it until I gave it to him but he sure was drooling. He was going to be put down when I got him and he sure seems to sense that I was his last hope and that I saved his life. I've had him for 5 years now and hope for 5 more.

Take care everybody,

Bob M
"May I be half the man my dog thinks I am!!!"

Kota the Golden Retriever, rescued on 9-19-2009
2006 Ford F350 King Ranch, DRW, 6.0 Powerstroke, 4X4, Crewcab, Copper with Arizona Beige accents
2007 Escalade by K-Z 37 REB fifth wheel
2001 Sportcraft 25 ft Sportfish

#25 OFFLINE   roadranger

roadranger

Poster

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • Local time: 01:28 PM

Posted 29 November 2005 - 09:40 AM

We travel with 2 Labs. My wife is a puppy raiser for Guide Dogs for the Blind out of San Rafael Ca. The chocolate lab was our first puppy that washed out of guide school and we got to keep him. The second dog is the current puppy being raised, usually a yellow lab. We're currently raising our 4th puppy, and they've ALL gone out camping with us.

People always ask how we can give up a 16-18 month old dog we've had since 8 weeks old?
The trick is; getting the new puppy when the older one has to go back to school. Eases some of the heart ache.
'01 Dodge 2500 4x4 QuadCab HO Cummins 6 spd., Jake brake, 4 leaf helpers, Rancho 9000's, Helwig sway bar, 19.5 wheels/tires, Reese Titan V hitch w/28 in. extension, equalizing and anti-sway bars.

'03 EAGLE CAP 950, NW pkg, slide out dinette, A/C, TV/VCR, microwave, rear awning, EU2000 generator.

Tow-6x12 tandem axle Cargo trailer 7000gvw
or - 6.5x10 utility trailer 3500gvw

Semper Fi RVN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sign In