• Interests:Travel, skiing, Amateur Radio,

Member: Mission Search and Rescue - 10 years
    Mission RCMP Auxiliary - 20 years
    Mission Amateur Radio Emergency Service - 15 years
  • Camper Brand:Eagle Cap 9.9
  • Truck Make & Model:2007 Dodge 3500
  • Name (Public):Roy

Posted 14 March 2009 - 07:55 PM

I'm looking at the highboy seat and forward controls as well. Thanks for the advise!
Roy
Mission, B.C.
2007 Eagle Cap 990

#22 OFFLINE   NL Ten 2000 RR

NL Ten 2000 RR

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 1092 posts
  • Local time: 05:13 PM
  • Camper Brand:Northern Lite Ten 2000 RR
  • Truck Make & Model:1990 Dodge w/Cummins

Posted 15 March 2009 - 03:26 AM

Colorado Dave,

My Brother always rode HD after I moved on. His Heritage Softail was a sweetheart bike.

When he upgraded to the Ultra Glide Classic, he realized how sweet the HS was.

Is yours earlier model (Brother's was '92' rigid), or later rubber mounted?

My favorite HD of late was the all black Springer w/black rims, black springer forks, etc.

Only changes I would have made to that bike would be to add repro antique hinged rear fender,
and antinqe looking handlebars. I hate chrome. Gimme paint and polished aluminum.

Gary

#23 OFFLINE   ChopperBill

ChopperBill

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 1224 posts
  • Local time: 06:13 PM
  • State/Province or Region:CO
  • Camper Brand:NUWA Hitch Hiker 29.5FKTS
  • Truck Make & Model:GMC 2500HD D/A
  • Name (Public):Bill

Posted 17 March 2009 - 12:09 PM

Have had 6 Harleys and gazillion dirt bikes (use to race) Sold my Chopper that had been with me for almost 30 years about 1 1/2 years ago. Broke my heart every time I thought about it. Picked me up a "91" Fatboy last fall that was in need of a lot of TLC. With a lot of elbow grease and bargain hunting(helps that my buddy owns a custom bike shop) I got 'er all fixed up and have less than 7 grand in it. Sure feel alot better now that I got me something back in the garage!

Northern Colorado

#24 OFFLINE   Snowy Bird

Snowy Bird

Founding Member

• NATCOA Members
  • 2411 posts
  • State/Province or Region:AB
  • Camper Brand:2000' 9'6 Snowbird
  • Truck Make & Model:2012 F350 DRW diesel
  • Name (Public):Joanne

Posted 17 March 2009 - 06:17 PM

Sweet ride.

So, when you had a chopper you had the handle chopper bill, now with the fat boy...well...sorry couldn't resist... laugh.gif

#25 OFFLINE   FedAgent

FedAgent

Past President, Founding Member, Forum Super Moderator

• Former Director
  • 3632 posts
  • Local time: 07:13 PM
  • State/Province or Region:TX
  • Interests:Camping and RV's (of course), motorcycles, fishing, home repairs, woodworking, reading, travel, volunteer work.
  • Camper Brand:2007 Newmar Mountain Aire 37 foot
  • Truck Make & Model:Dodge 3500 Cummins, 4X4, Laramie, SRW
  • Name (Public):Larry

Posted 17 March 2009 - 07:01 PM

QUOTE (Snowy Bird @ Mar 17 2009, 09:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sweet ride.

So, when you had a chopper you had the handle chopper bill, now with the fat boy...well...sorry couldn't resist... laugh.gif

Snowy, that is cold! laugh.gif As big as Bill is and as miniature as you are, you should be afraid, very, very afraid!!!
Larry,<br />Corpus Christi, Tejas<br />2007 Lazy Daze Class C and a 2005 Jeep Wrangler toad<br />04 Dodge 3500, Cummins<br /><br /><strong class='bbc'>Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: 1. Jesus Christ. 2. The American G.I. One died for your soul, the other for your Freedom. </strong><br /><br /><br /><span style='font-family: Arial'><span style='color: #FF0000'>"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit</span></span><br /><span style='color: #FF0000'>violence on those who would do us harm." - </span><span style='color: #000000'>George Orwell</span>

#26 OFFLINE   ChopperBill

ChopperBill

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 1224 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 07:12 PM

sign0142.gif Fatboy Bill is probably one of the nicest things I have been called in quite a while!

Northern Colorado

#27 OFFLINE   RedneckExpress

RedneckExpress

Root Forum Admin

• Admin
  • 3214 posts
  • State/Province or Region:Oregon
  • Interests:Camper Restoration, Antique RVs, Camping, Fishing, Full-timing, Gardening, Cigars
  • Camper Brand:1974 KIT 1106 Kamper
  • Truck Make & Model:Dodge Power Wagon W-250 "Dually" 4x4 5.9L V8 TBI 4 speed H.D Tranny 4.10 Gears
  • Name (Public):RedneckExpress

Posted 17 March 2009 - 08:06 PM

You keep leaving the triumph in the shop and I'll come over there, steal it, paint it red, and give it to my dad to replace the one he had to let go in the late 70s.

Follow me as I full-time the Redneck Way at The Journey of the Redneck Express

CB Channel 17
Redneck Express
'1992 Dodge W-250 Club Cab Long Bed "Dually" V8 5.9l 4spd H.D Auto 4x4 4.10 Gears
'1974 KIT 1106 Kamper
'2006 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
'1987 Custom Built Pullman Mini Camper (The Pullman Mini Camper Project)
'2004 Bi-Mart 1000lbs Cargo Trailer (Chuck wagon)
signature_banner_500x.jpg

#28 OFFLINE   NL Ten 2000 RR

NL Ten 2000 RR

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 1092 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 01:22 AM

That was too cute, Snowy Bird. And, I'm sure Chopper Bill laughed too.

Gary

#29 OFFLINE   Snowy Bird

Snowy Bird

Founding Member

• NATCOA Members
  • 2411 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 03:02 AM

QUOTE (FedAgent @ Mar 17 2009, 09:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Snowy, that is cold! laugh.gif As big as Bill is and as miniature as you are, you should be afraid, very, very afraid!!!

Chopper doesn't scare me, he's really a big teddy bear, with a sense of humour and a nice guy. (Just like you) smile.gif

Hope I haven't ruined you guys images!! tongue.gif

#30 OFFLINE   Freedom

Freedom

Grand Potentate

• Dealer Members
  • 297 posts
  • Local time: 11:13 PM
  • Interests:Australian distributor for NORTHSTAR CAMPERS
  • Camper Brand:Northstar
  • Truck Make & Model:Chev 2500HD 4WD
  • Name (Public):Ian

Posted 19 March 2009 - 01:46 AM

Loved all your "things my motorcycle taught me" Bought this just a few weeks ago. I really felt like I needed something different and your list really sums it up.

Attached File  FJR1300.jpg   67.36KB   30 downloads
2006 Chev 2500HD Crew Cab 4WD Duramax/ Allison Auto

Northstar 850SC with high lift roof, , custom wrap and the new pop out XB option

#31 OFFLINE   tankeryanker

tankeryanker

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 886 posts
  • State/Province or Region:Oregon
  • Camper Brand:2014 Arctic Fox 990
  • Truck Make & Model:2005 dodge q/c dually ctd
  • Name (Public):Glenn

Posted 19 March 2009 - 06:20 AM

One thing my motorcycle taught me after 33 yrs of riding. Cables down across a road at neck level & motorcycles don't mix.
Yea I was out on a country road June of 2002 just came off a hill around a corner & there was a line down across the road at neck level. My 1st thought was it was a power line & I better not touch it or I'm going to get electricuted. I layed my Road King down in hopes of slidding under the line with maybe just getting a little road rash. Unfortunately when it hit the crash bars it floped over & highsided me & sent me flying & I landed on my back. I broke 6 ribs on my backside & punctured my lung along with the road rash. It cost more to get me fixed than the motorcycle. I didn't have any personal injury on my policy it's not required here in Oregon & I never gave it a thought. Every other place I have lived it was included. So make sure you guys & gals out there have P.I.P. on your policy. It's not a mater of if your going to go down, but when. Trust me if you ride long enough the chances are you will at some point have a mishap. My dad was killed on his bike back in 1952 the year I was born & all my uncles & cousins road so I was not going to let that deter me.
Now fast forward to today as I'm sitting here recovering from back surgery, 3 weeks post op, the dr. couldn't say for sure if it was due to my wreck over 6 yrs ago. I rode the bike after I got it back together & I mended but sold it after I could no longer hold it up. I need a hip replacement & knee surgery, dam I'm falling apart. I thought about another Harley & makeing it into a trike for I do miss riding. I put 100K miles on a bagger I had.

#32 OFFLINE   FedAgent

FedAgent

• Former Director
  • 3632 posts
  • Interests:Camping and RV's (of course), motorcycles, fishing, home repairs, woodworking, reading, travel, volunteer work.

Posted 19 March 2009 - 06:47 AM

Glenn, something similar to your cable across the road happened to me in the late 70's, although the outcome was much better. Several of us had headed out of New Jersey, where I was stationed at the time, for a ride over to the Pennsylvania Amish country. That part of the world has several nice back roads and we were riding in a line of about 7 or 8 bikes. We came around a corner and there was "something", neck high running across the road. The lead bike and the second bike laid down to avoid the rope, the 3rd bike, me, was able to stop in time so that I did not have to lay it down. After we got stopped and made sure the downed riders were OK, we heard a bunch of kids laughing in the wood by the road. It seems that these Amish kids thought it would be fun or funny to braid some twine and stretch it across the road from tree to tree. I guarantee those kids learned a lesson that day!! After we got through with them, we brought the scuffed up bike to the kid's families and they got another lesson in life. The Amish took up a collection from the kids folks and the their church and paid for everything, good folks.

Everything that one does is risky, some more than others. But to me, being on a bike for a short 100 mile ride or a cross country run, is worth the risks. I have been a biker for over 45 years, and hope that I can do it for a few more.
Larry,<br />Corpus Christi, Tejas<br />2007 Lazy Daze Class C and a 2005 Jeep Wrangler toad<br />04 Dodge 3500, Cummins<br /><br /><strong class='bbc'>Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: 1. Jesus Christ. 2. The American G.I. One died for your soul, the other for your Freedom. </strong><br /><br /><br /><span style='font-family: Arial'><span style='color: #FF0000'>"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit</span></span><br /><span style='color: #FF0000'>violence on those who would do us harm." - </span><span style='color: #000000'>George Orwell</span>

#33 OFFLINE   ChopperBill

ChopperBill

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 1224 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 08:57 AM

There are a few web sites on how to booby trap a biker. Here is one

Northern Colorado

#34 OFFLINE   Snowy Bird

Snowy Bird

Founding Member

• NATCOA Members
  • 2411 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 02:52 PM

And if you want to see what I fear the most riding...

Caution, these pics are really gross.

Deer verus Valk

#35 OFFLINE   FedAgent

FedAgent

• Former Director
  • 3632 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 03:20 PM

The driver was good! Lucky the deer hit the bike low, had it been at windshield level, I think the results would have been much worse. Valk held up well.

#36 OFFLINE   Bigf00t

Bigf00t

Uber Camper

• NATCOA Members
  • 1956 posts
  • State/Province or Region:B.C
  • Interests:Camping........Is there anything else ???
  • Camper Brand:2010 Northern Lite 10.2RR
  • Truck Make & Model:2004 GMC 3500 SRW
  • Name (Public):Ron

Posted 28 March 2009 - 01:29 PM

QUOTE (Airshow Roy @ Mar 14 2009, 08:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I start my motorcycle course on the 30th of this month. Already have my eye on a Harley Road King. So far it's been the only bike I feel comfortable on, being 6' 5" and 300lbs. Can't wait to get my license and start riding!

Good luck with the course Roy. Who are you taking it with ?
<strong class='bbc'>2010 Northern Lite Ten-2000 10.2RR,PD4645 converter upgrade,2x80W Sharp solar panels,stainless FastGuns<br />
2004 GMC 3500 SRW Ext. Cab 4X4 Duramax/Allison,Torklift Tie Downs,Torklift Stable Loads, Racor Pre Filter, Rancho 9000`s, Firestone Air Bags w/ in cab controller<br />
<br />
Pitt Meadows,B.C.</strong><br />
<br />

#37 OFFLINE   NL Ten 2000 RR

NL Ten 2000 RR

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 1092 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 05:25 PM

BigFoot,

You will like the Road King. The Electra Glide Classic is top heavy and
looses something in the execution of the design.

Gary

#38 OFFLINE   Airshow Roy

Airshow Roy

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • Local time: 04:13 PM
  • Interests:Travel, skiing, Amateur Radio,

Member: Mission Search and Rescue - 10 years
    Mission RCMP Auxiliary - 20 years
    Mission Amateur Radio Emergency Service - 15 years
  • Camper Brand:Eagle Cap 9.9
  • Truck Make & Model:2007 Dodge 3500
  • Name (Public):Roy

Posted 28 March 2009 - 06:37 PM

QUOTE (Bigf00t @ Mar 28 2009, 02:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good luck with the course Roy. Who are you taking it with ?

Thanks! I'm taking the course at Valley Driving School in Abbotsford. Folks there are supporters of the West Coast Motorcycle Ride for Dad, a fundraiser for prostate cancer research and were recommended by friends who are motorcycle cops. Figure they ought to know!
Roy
Mission, B.C.
2007 Eagle Cap 990

#39 OFFLINE   Bigf00t

Bigf00t

Uber Camper

• NATCOA Members
  • 1956 posts
  • State/Province or Region:B.C
  • Interests:Camping........Is there anything else ???
  • Camper Brand:2010 Northern Lite 10.2RR
  • Truck Make & Model:2004 GMC 3500 SRW
  • Name (Public):Ron

Posted 29 March 2009 - 07:34 AM

QUOTE (Airshow Roy @ Mar 28 2009, 07:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks! I'm taking the course at Valley Driving School in Abbotsford. Folks there are supporters of the West Coast Motorcycle Ride for Dad, a fundraiser for prostate cancer research and were recommended by friends who are motorcycle cops. Figure they ought to know!

That's great. I took a course through CycleLogics here in Maple Ridge about a year ago, and I was amazed of the things I didn't know about riding ! Well worth the money.

I was planning to do the Ride for Dad this year, for my father-in-law, but the date unfortunately wasn't going to work for me... Next year for sure.

Drop me a line when your done...We can go for a spin !
<strong class='bbc'>2010 Northern Lite Ten-2000 10.2RR,PD4645 converter upgrade,2x80W Sharp solar panels,stainless FastGuns<br />
2004 GMC 3500 SRW Ext. Cab 4X4 Duramax/Allison,Torklift Tie Downs,Torklift Stable Loads, Racor Pre Filter, Rancho 9000`s, Firestone Air Bags w/ in cab controller<br />
<br />
Pitt Meadows,B.C.</strong><br />
<br />

#40 OFFLINE   RedRattler01

RedRattler01

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • Camper Brand:Lance
  • Truck Make & Model:Ford Pickup
  • Name (Public):Chris

Posted 01 April 2009 - 05:36 PM

Move to Humor/Humour if needed:
A blind man wanders into an all-girls biker bar by mistake. He finds his way to a bar stool and orders some coffee. After sitting there for awhile, he yells to the waiter, "Hey, you wanna hear a blonde joke?"
The bar immediately falls absolutely silent . In a very deep, husky voice, the woman next to him says, "Before you tell that joke, sir, I think it is only fair -- given that you are blind -- that you should know five things":
1. The bartender is a blonde girl with a baseball bat.
2. The bouncer is a blonde girl.
3. I'm a 6 foot tall, 175 lb. blonde woman with a black belt in karate.
4. The woman sitting next to me is blonde and a professional weightlifter.
5. The lady to your right is blonde and a professional wrestler."Now, think about it seriously, Mister. Do you still wanna tell that joke?"
The blind man thinks for a second, shakes his head, and muttered "No... Not if I'm gonna have to explain it five times."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sign In